Saura Co., Ltd. (henceforth referred to as ‘we’ or ‘our’) recognizes the usefulness of personal information and the importance of its protection. To ensure the safety of our customers and all other parties concerned, we will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations. In addition, we will strive to protect the personal information we store and use in accordance with the following policies.
(1) We are fully aware of our mission and responsibility as a company that provides pleasure, comfort, and enrichment to as many people as possible through the production and sale of sake. We will protect the personal information we collect.
(2) When we collect personal information, we will clarify the purpose of its use, and the information will be obtained and used only within the scope of that purpose.
(3) In principle, personal information will not be provided to third parties without the consent of the individual concerned, except in certain circumstances, such as when required by law.
(4) Personal information will be kept accurate and up to date in accordance with legal requirements, and we will respond appropriately to requests from individuals to disclose, correct, delete information, and refusals to provide or allow the use of said information.
(5) We will take necessary and appropriate security measures to prevent adverse events such as the unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification and leakage of the personal information we store, and we will take corrective measures when necessary.
(6) In handling personal information, we will comply with laws, regulations, as well as internal protocols and other norms related to personal information.
(7) We have established an internal system for the protection of personal information, and we will continue to improve this system.
(1) “Personal information” refers to any information that can be used to identify an individual by combining one or more of the following: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other such information, as well as personally identifiable numbers or codes.
(2) The consumption of alcohol by persons under the age of 20 is prohibited by law in Japan. We may ask you for your date of birth and age to prevent underage drinking.
(3) When we ask you to provide your personal information, we will specify the purpose for which it will be used in advance and limit our use to within the scope of this purpose. Once this purpose has been completed and the information is no longer required, it will be deleted.
(4) In the event that we need to use your personal information for purposes other than those initially stated, we will inform you in advance. If you do not agree with the new purpose, you may refuse to provide your personal data.
(5) You can choose not to provide your personal data at your own discretion. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, you may not be able to participate in our events or receive our services.
The personal information we store about you and the purposes for which we use it are as follows:
(1) Personal information of entrants in magazine and newspaper sweepstakes
We will use this information to send the products to winners (including entrusting the delivery company with the relevant information). The information will be disposed of as soon as possible after the delivery of the prize is confirmed. The personal information of unsuccessful entrants will also be disposed of immediately after the drawing.
(2) Personal information of those who wish to receive direct mail
We will use this information to send direct mail to those who wish to receive information about our events.
(3) Personal information of participants in our events
We will use this information to contact you about our events. The personal information of those who do not wish to receive information about the next event will be disposed of immediately after the event.
(4) Personal information of participants in the Urakasumi Sake School
We will use this information for administrative purposes, to send you the Students’ Newsletter, and to inform you of various events.
(5) Personal information of those who purchased products at Urakasumi Sake Gallery
We will use the information to send the products (including entrusting the delivery company with the relevant information) and to respond promptly when you place another order.
(6) Personal information of customers who use the mail order service
This information will be used to send products (including entrusting the delivery company with the relevant information), manage the formation and completion of contracts, and to provide after-sales service.
(7) Personal information of those who wish to visit the brewery or take a guided brewery tour
This information will be used to ensure the smooth operation of brewery visits and guided tours. The information will be disposed of after a certain period, which is necessary to respond to inquiries.
(8) Personal information of visitors to the golf course (including ancillary facilities)
The information will be used to ensure the safe and smooth use of the facilities.
It will also be used to arrange golf bags and caddies, and to schedule the start time of play.
We will use your personal information to handle forgotten items, complaints, and correspondence you may have with us while you are playing.
We will use this information to contact you if you become unwell while playing. If you do not provide us with your contact details, we may need to check your luggage.
The information will be used to announce the results of open competitions, official competitions, and other events.
We may disclose your personal information in the event of an investigation by the prefectural tax office in relation to golf course use tax and similar matters.
We will use your personal information to send you information about our services.
(9) Personal information of people who contact us
We will use this information to respond to your inquiries.
(10) Personal information of people who made an inquiry via email.
This information will be used to ensure a prompt response.
(11) Personal information of entities with which we have a business relationship
This information is used for business communication, smooth correspondence, congratulations, condolences, greetings and other such purposes. We may also use this information to protect our legitimate interests in transactions.
(1) We may collect personal information indirectly from our business partners and other parties to communicate with them, respond to their requests, and protect our legitimate interests in the transaction.
(2) In the case of a sweepstakes involving our products, if a third party other than our company sponsors the contest, we may ask the sweepstakes sponsor to provide us with the winner’s information for the purpose of sending the products.
(3) Personal information of those seeking employment with us may be provided to us by an employment or recruiting service provider for the purpose of employee recruitment.
We will not provide your personal information to any third party without your prior consent, except in the following cases:
(1) When personal information is provided to a third party in accordance with laws other than the Personal Information Protection Law.
(2) When the provision of personal information to a third party is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, body or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned.
(3) When the provision of personal information is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of children’s well-being, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned.
(4) When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government or a person or organization entrusted by either of the foregoing in the performance of duties prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the individual concerned is likely to impede the performance of such duties.
We will not disclose your personal information to any third party, except in the following circumstances:
(1) We have a blog on our website, so please note that any information you disclose in comments on the blog will become public information.
(2) Our website may contain links to external websites that are not operated or managed by us. We are responsible for neither the content, nor the protection of personal information on these websites.
(3) Our website records information about visitors’ computers as an access log for the purposes listed below.
The access log includes the domain name, IP address, operating system type, browser type and access date and time. We do not collect any information that can be used to identify individual customers.
・Maintenance and management of the website
・Statistical analysis of the use of the website
・Solving problems with the website
A cookie is a piece of data that is exchanged between your browser and the website’s server. Cookies are a widespread technology used by many websites to improve their services and provide convenience.
Cookies do not contain any information that can be used to identify you personally, such as your name, address, or e-mail address. They are only used to understand browsing status.
Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to use some of the services on our website. Please check your browser’s website for instructions on how to disable cookies.
(1) Please contact our General Affairs Department (Tel. 022-362-4165) if you have any questions about your personal information in accordance with Article 25 (Disclosure) and Article 31 (Complaint handling by business operators handling personal information) of the Personal Information Protection Law.
(2) The disclosure of personal data in our possession, which we are obliged to disclose, will be handled in accordance with the following procedures based on Article 29 (Procedures for responding to requests for disclosure, etc.) of the Personal Information Protection Law.
1. The customer will be asked to provide information to identify the personal data and to confirm whether the personal data in question can be disclosed. We will ask you to provide us with information to identify your personal information so we can check whether the information can be disclosed, as it may not be possible for us to disclose your personal information because we have disposed of it appropriately in accordance with our internal regulations.
2. If you wish to request disclosure of your personal information, please contact our General Affairs Department at the following address:
Urakasumi Sake Brewery Saura Co., Ltd.
2-19 Motomachi, Shiogama, Miyagi, JAPAN 985-0052
General Affairs Department
Urakasumi Sake Brewery Saura Co., Ltd.
Date of enactment: June 1, 2007
Last update: October 2020